CAD Jewellery Skills Website Terms and Conditions
Including GDPR Data Privacy Information Notice
We reserve the right to change these terms of service or to impose new conditions on use of the site, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised terms of service on this website. By continuing to use the site after we post any such changes, you accept the terms of service, as modified.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our limited license to you
While many images and links on the site are copyright the respective owners of those sites, and used with permission and/or under Fair Use, all other original content made for this site is the property of us. This means you may not reproduce or reuse any content from this site without prior written consent.
Similarly, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any of our original content or class materials.
Your License To Us
By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries, facebook postings, photos and videos) to us via the site, internet groups, social media venues, or to any of our staff via email, text or otherwise, you are representing:
- That you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and
- That you are eighteen years of age or older.
- When you submit material (via any means), you are granting us, and anyone authorised by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose.
- You grant us, and anyone authorised by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by any identifier as we deem appropriate and in line with the general data protection regulations.
- You acknowledge that CAD Jewellery Skills has the right but not the obligation to use and display any postings or contributions of any kind and that CAD Jewellery Skills may elect to cease the use and display of any such materials (or any portion thereof), at any time for any reason whatsoever.
- Limitations on linking and framing. You may establish a hypertext link to the site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by us or by the site. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the content of the site, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content or intellectual property.
This site contains a variety of interactive features, such as bulletin boards, web logs, and email services, which allow feedback to us and real-time interaction between users. Each user is considered responsible for what is posted on these features found on the site or sent via email.
With that in mind, by choosing to use this site you will agree to never:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the site.
- Use the site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the site. Gain unauthorised access to the site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
- Use the site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component. Use the site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person or cause offence to other users.
- Use the site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the site.
Any user failing to comply with the terms and conditions of this agreement may be expelled from and refused continued access to the website’s interactive features in the future.
CAD Jewellery Skills, or its designated agents, may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason.
Termination of Use (“Banning”)
As our primary purpose is education and information sharing, we strive to accommodate everyone. However, in the event of abusive or aggressive behaviour towards staff, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. In the event of abusive or aggressive behaviour towards visitors to the site or the discussion boards, we reserve the right to terminate your right to use the site or any part of the site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorised to access the part of the site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these terms of service, shall survive.
Original Content Disclaimer
This site is continually under development and CAD Jewellery Skills makes no warranty of any kind, implied or express, as to its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for any purpose.
The education and information presented herein is intended for a general audience and does not purport to be, nor should it be construed as, specific advice tailored to any individual. Specific educational information can only be provided on request and relevant to CAD Jewellery Skills’ expertise.
The information contained in this site is based on sources and information reasonably believed to be accurate as of the time it was recorded or created. However, this material deals with topics that are constantly changing and are subject to ongoing changes related to technology and the market place as well as legal and related compliance issues. Therefore, the completeness and current accuracy of the materials cannot be guaranteed. These materials do not constitute legal, compliance, financial, tax, accounting, or related advice.
The end user of this information should therefore use the contents of this program and the materials as a general guideline and not as the ultimate source of current information and when appropriate the user should consult their own legal, accounting or other advisors.
Forums and Interactive Features Disclaimer
The opinions expressed in these forums are solely the opinions of the participants, and do not reflect the opinions of CAD Jewellery Skills or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
CAD Jewellery Skills expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, or information made or displayed in these forums by third parties. Similarly, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages.
Third Party Links Disclaimer
Throughout the site, we may provide links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply any official endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites.
We do not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on websites linked to by us on the site.
CAD Jewellery Skills is not responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on any of the sites by anyone other than an authorised CAD Jewellery Skills representative while acting in their own official capacity.
CAD Jewellery Skills expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, or information made or displayed in these forums by third parties. Nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages. Under no circumstances will we, our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through these forums. The opinions expressed in these forums are solely the opinions of the participants, and do not reflect the opinions of CAD Jewellery Skills or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Limitation of Liability and Warranty
The information, products and services offered on or through the site and by CAD Jewellery Skills and any third-party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. We do not warrant that the site or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of this site, including bulletin boards, or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Under no circumstances, shall we be liable for any damages that result from the use of the site or any information gained herein. You specifically acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with the site, any materials, products, or services on the site, or with any of the site’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site and the products, services and/or materials.
CAD Jewellery Skills GDPR Data Privacy Information Notice
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Customer contact details, such as names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers
- Prior experience and learner journeys
- Website user analytics, such as geographical data and cookies
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Direct contact, either via email or telephone.
- Software companies may refer enquirers to CAD Jewellery Skills – this may be by sending enquirer details to CAD Jewellery Skills or directing them to our website.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a vital interest.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to create lessons appropriate to the needs of each user and maximise the time they are with us. Understanding where clients are coming from enables CAD Jewellery Skills know their market better and improve the ease with which users can enquire about courses and register.
Clients data will enable CAD Jewellery Skills to provide them with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events offered that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information. This data helps to notify users of changes and provide suitable customer support.
CAD Jewellery Skills does not provide services to anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 (“child”). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information.
How we store your information
We keep your contact information (email and phone numbers) for 5 years from the last point of contact. We will then dispose your information by deleting it from our systems.
Links to other websites
The CAD Jewellery Skills website contains links to other sites not controlled by us. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services, and recommend users refer to those website’s own privacy policies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113