About this course
CADJewellerySkills is proud to offer in conjunction with SimplyRhino our officially certified Level 1 Rhino for jewellery design CAD online short course.
This 7-day online short course takes students through the essential basics of jewellery CAD modelling using Rhino 3D, covering all the essential information needed to provide students with the confidence to experiment with the tools on their own and solve their own design problems.
Course topics include:
- The Rhino user interface
- Creating and controlling curves
- Essential 3D solid modelling commands for building your own shapes
- Problem solving strategy in CAD
- Tolerances for effective manufacturing of stone settings and most types of jewellery.
- Basics of surface modelling
- Basic rendering
- Exporting STL files for 3D printing
You can find a more detailed course syllabus for all the different levels of Rhino for Jewellery courses here.
Upon completion, all trainees receive an official certificate (equivalent to McNeel’s standard Level 1 Rhino training).